Job Description: The CNC Horizontal programmer will program tool cutting paths for CNC Horizontal milling machines for multi-axis machines and provide support to the machinist. This individual must be an excellent communicator with the flexibility to adapt to new challenges in a prototype and production atmosphere. The ideal candidate will require experience in Horizontal Machining Centers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This is a dedicated programming position. Supporting downstream set up staff. Hands-on setup will be limited.
- Utilize TopSolid to generate CNC program for new products and revise existing programs to meet Engineering Change Request. Experience with TopSolid is not a pre-requisite.
- Updating and maintaining the proper documentation and prints for all projects
- Ability to work with and provide clear and concise communication on projects and changes to all internal departments in a timely fashion.
- Have strong critical thinking skills and ability to solve challenging problems.
- Attend relevant internal and technical meetings and design reviews, as required.
- Ability to work self-directed.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Seek assistance from team members when needed.
- Proactively support changes in project work holding and good machining practices, identify risk, and support contingency and risk mitigation plans for accurate, repeatable results.
- Works closely and maintains open communication with other members of the engineering and production teams.
- Use Global Shop ERP System to document actions by completing required documentation for all products.
- Maintains safe operations by keeping work area clean and organized and by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Demonstrating work behaviors consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including company policies, standards, and procedures.
- Ensures programs result in a fit and finish that is free of burrs and sharp edges providing the safe handling of all machined surfaces.
- Programming with full documentation.
- Design work holding fixtures.
- Create Tool Sheets.
- Design and Program work holding fixtures.
- Detailed setup instructions with each program to hand off to set up staff.
- Extensive experience in Computer Aided Machining (CAM) software. GIBBS or Mastercam preferred, GereMarie will provide TopSolid training.
- Extensive experience in CAD software.
- Extensive experience in aluminum billet CNC manufacturing.
- Vertical and horizontal high-speed 3d milling experience is required.
- Extensive programming from a 3d Model is required.
- Extensive programming to meet detailed surface finish requirements is required.
- Experience with project management systems is required.
- Experience programming with full documentation handoff. Design work holding fixtures, Specifying tooling, program work holding fixtures and hand off completed programs and documentation to set up staff.
- Experience in programming in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Project Data Management (PDM: Solidworks, TopSolid).
- Experience with Lean (TPS) manufacturing principles.
- Provide references to verify work experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com