POSITION SUMMARY: Commercial Driver (CDL Class A Required) will be responsible for ensuring timely delivery of goods to predetermined customers on specific local and interstate routes, (Indiana, Iowa, Michigan) reviewing orders prior to delivery, loading and unloading truck and providing exceptional customer service to our client base. Prepares goods for shipments/ receives material from multiple vendors; maintaining quality and safety standards at all times; keeping records. Home daily, stable schedule, hourly based pay instead of mileage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Conduct inspections of the vehicle before departing to deliver goods.
- At least one year of verifiable experience
- Pack and load products onto truck according to Company’s specifications.
- Deliver orders to customers on assigned routes.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Manager.
- Unload goods as per client specifications.
- Review deliveries with customers to ensure products meet their specifications.
- Obtain proper documentation on delivery confirmations from each customer.
- Drivers License History Report will be required
- Valid Class A CDL license.
- Ability to pass company driving test, background check and drug test.
- Compliant with all DOT Regulations/Laws.
- Maintains Electronic Driving Logs.
- Maintains Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains Driver Roadside Inspection Checklist.
- Maintains Vehicle Cleanliness.
- Follows all Company’s rules and regulations (Cell Phone Policy, Drug & Alcohol Policy).
- Ability to help out in Shipping Department when not driving, PO Receipt counting
- Receives product or material from multiple vendors on the loading dock, may require the use of a forklift.
- Preparing shipments for various customers; includes preparing skids, shrink wrapping, weighing of products.
- Creating packing slips and bill of ladings and all required paperwork before shipping of products.
- Reports any discrepancies to Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
- Leverage and use Global Shop System to document actions by completing required reports, to view or print misc. documents, labels, etc. (Electronic logs)
- Additional shipping tasks as required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com