POSITION SUMMARY: This individual will be responsible for Blue Print interpretation, writing Coordinate Measuring Machine programs, performing dimensional layouts on a CMM machine, working with the Quality Team to establish root cause analysis and corrective actions for part failures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Generates and operates CMM Programs for First Piece, In-Process, PPAP’s and any Special projects.
- Utilizes CMM data to identify and resolve problems and assists problem-solving teams that focus on problem prevention and variance reduction.
- Perform Capability Studies for required parts.
- Maintains CMM machines to include probe qualifications, calibration, and regular cleaning.
- Reports on fixtures needed to hold products for testing during product development; sets criteria for instruments and specifications.
- Maintains Programs in an organized manner so personnel can access information to verify testing criteria.
- Experience working in a Metrology & CMM environment
- Knowledge and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- 1 year Calypso Experience preferred.
- Preferably 4 plus years experience in CMM programming
- Experience with computer-aided programming and operation of Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM)
- Knowledge and experience of 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools.
- Capable of working independently as well as collaborating and coordinating efforts with colleagues.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple activities and requirements in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Programming or scripting experience
- Ability to bring assignments to a successful completion
- Proficient with micrometers, calipers and other measuring devices
- Strong written and grammar skills.
- Strong reading comprehension skills
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, however, relevant experience may be substituted.
Requirements of All Employees:
- Using your best efforts and full capability daily to work assigned to you by your supervisor.
- Advising your supervisor if you do not understand the work they have assigned to you, or if the assignment does not fit with your knowledge of the circumstances, current skills or available time and resources.
- Advising your supervisor of any situations or obstacles that could keep you from accomplishing the work assigned to you.
- Advising your supervisor of any situations or opportunities that could help you complete or improve the work assigned to you
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively, Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ability to read and speak English to comprehend and participate in safety, hazard communication, company meetings, and continuous training.
- Ability to use and understand basic computer skills.
- Reliable transportation