POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for preparing, updating and regulating documentation as a result of CAD design drawings delivered by Design Engineers in preparation for delivery to Manufacturing. The drawing of assemblies, components, parts, and bills of material are to be documented using GD&T as well as ANSI standards. This person will also work closely with both the design and manufacturing engineering teams during development phases for new products and be responsible for the creation of work instructions, finished surface callout, and any other documentation required in the development of new products as well as updates to support any engineering change requests. Our work environment is fast-paced, exciting, and rapidly growing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Create and maintain designs, layouts, drawings, and documentation using SolidWorks and TopSolid software.
- Create Assembly drawings per ANSI standards, Bill of materials, and Detail drawings utilizing Solidworks
- Work in conjunction with the engineering team to evaluate design based on function, materials, manufacturing methods, production cost and customer specifications.
- Use SolidWorks to prepare plans and layouts for components. and edit drawing revisions.
- Produce SolidWorks files from Customers or previous engineering drawings or sketches.
- Drawings to include: dimensioned sections and details, finished surface callouts Bill of Materials, assembly instructions, and work instructions
- Responsible for versioning, storage, and update of final approved drawings using CAD Database EPDM vault.
- Must have work experience with Solidworks
- Troubleshooting any design and manufacturing issues that may occur.
- Knowledge of ANSI Standards required.
- Experience with GD&T and have the ability to apply to new and existing designs.
- Understands the equations, calculations and written instructions from designers and engineers before beginning a CAD drawing.
- Create and process Engineering Change Notices (ECN). Work with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Purchasing to assess the impact of the changes.
- Maintain proper control over drawing revision levels and bills of material using PDM and ERP
- Prepare drafts as required or requested for production, purchasing or management approval.
- Use of Global Shop ERP System to document actions by completing the required documentation for all products.
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Computer Aided Design and Drafting or Graduate from a Technical School in a related area; three (3) years of Computer Aided Design and Drafting experience in a manufacturing or related industry.
- Must have strong proficiency with Solidworks with at least three years of hands-on experience, with dimensioning of parts, 2D, and 3d Modeling
- Additional preference is given to those candidates who have used Solidworks in a milling or CNC machining environment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org