POSITION SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of this role is to develop and implement optimal, cost-effective CNC manufacturing processes and methods to meet quality specifications and quality standards. Also, the Manufacturing Engineer will recommend and implement improvements to production processes and coordinate manufacturing launches for new or revised products. (Salary is based on experience)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Responsibility for process improvement, problem resolution, project management, and training.
- Improve CNC manufacturing processes and methods for cost reductions, quality improvements, and efficiency.
- Performs research, design, and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and CNC production equipment.
- Coordinates manufacturing launch of new and revised products.
- Experience with multitasking CNC Machines
- Experience with multi-pallet horizontal machine tools
- Experience with the design process for automated manufacturing
- Experience with tooling selection & work holding strategies
- Conducts product and process analysis for cost reductions, quality improvement, and improved efficiencies.
- Experience with CNC machining process improvement, capital project management, implementation of manufacturing improvements and training in safe work environments.
- Responsible for team training and evaluating results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with CNC metal machining and precision machining; lathes and mills
- CNC programming experience.
- Extensive knowledge of GD & T
- CAD-based 3D modeling program creation experience a plus
- Strong project management background.
- Have strong Critical thinking skills and ability to solve challenging problems.
- Engineering applications such as AutoCAD, Solidworks to perform new design.
- Evaluate and offer improvements in the manufacturing byways of designing and programming, applying knowledge of software, systems, and data to product design
- Self-motivated and the ability to take corrective action as necessary.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Reports to engineering manager.
- Leverage and use Global Shop ERP System to document actions by completing required documentation for all products. (electronic logs).
- Participate in training and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains safe operations by keeping work area clean and organized and by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Demonstrating work behaviors consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including company policies, standards, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Project management and 1 to 3+ years of mechanical design engineering experience.
- Able to work independently and deliver on strict timelines with performance guarantees.
- Able to work as part of a team, think creatively and problem solve.
- Demonstrated experience with project planning and writing product and quality specifications.
- Experience with sourcing, selection, and application of a wide variety of mechanical components (e.g., materials, motion control, power transmission, etc.).
- Experience creating design documentation (e.g., theory of operation, 3D/2D CAD data, user manuals, etc.).
- Hands-on experience in assembling and troubleshooting mechanical systems.
- Hands-on experience with SolidWorks, CAD software program.
REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Using your best efforts and full capability daily to work assigned to you by your Manager.
- Advising your Manager if you do not understand the work assigned to you, or if the assignment does not fit with your knowledge of the circumstances, current skills or available time and resources.
- Advising your Manager of any situations or obstacles that could keep you from accomplishing the work assigned to you.
- Advising your Manager of any situations or opportunities that could help you complete or improve the work assigned to you in a better way.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively, Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ability to read and speak English to comprehend and participate in safety, hazard communication, company meetings and continuous training.
- Ability to use and understand the necessary computer skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com