POSITION SUMMARY: Manages and coordinates the logistics for the Company. Responsible for shipping and receiving needs; managing fleet of vehicles, scheduling and coordinating all domestic and international freight transactions, manages all dock activities, garbage removal, and scrap while maintaining quality, safety, cost and IDOT regulatory rules and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Establish and implement procedures for product shipping/receiving; maintaining quality adherence.
- Establish and manage the relationship with all licensing authorities and stakeholders to ensure that the business has the necessary authorizations. (Illinois Department of Transportation, IFTA, MUTA, Log Books)
- Must be someone that can multitask and carry out his/her duties based on priorities. The shipping manager must also be able to meet and beat deadlines
- Must be self-motivated and also be able to motivate junior staff of the department
- Must be a person that pays attention to even the smallest of details when dealing with customers’ orders
- Selects develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Communicates, schedules, and coordinates with transportation companies
- Handles routine questions and problems and maintains open communication with other departments throughout the shipping/delivery cycle
- Verifying the contents of received packages, monitoring subordinate employees, and ordering all shipping supplies
- Hands on attitude to help ensure all shipping tasks are done and will directly perform all shipping and receiving duties to get shipments out on the schedule along with shipping team
- Schedules and coordinates both domestic and international freight transactions
- Responsible for all Dock activities including garbage removal, chip collection, and removal, chip processing with Scrap Company
- Must interact and comply with Hazard material deliveries and disposals in compliance with OSHA standards
- Prepares all shipping and receiving paperwork required in the Global Shop ERP System
- Audit reports daily to ensure all shipping/receiving is accurate
- Performs purchase order receipt inspections and transactions as required
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns and customer complaints
- Coordinate logistics for product pickup or delivery if necessary. Overseer driver and any compliant laws for the IDOT Consortium Compliance
- Responsible for training, coaching and motivating employees to achieve shipping and receiving goals and objectives
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system for the final product check before shipping
- Communicate with customers to ensure shipments are on schedule and to troubleshoot any customer inquiries
- Develop Lean Manufacturing awareness to make shipping more efficient.
- Interface with Operations to provide transfer of products before shipping is in accordance with approved data
- Responsible for planning, organizing and managing the overall activities of the Shipping team
- Ensure timely resolution for issues that would interfere with product getting out
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different request, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Administer assessment of employee performance and works closely with Human Resource in employee reviews and hiring and firing needs
- Works closely and maintains open communication with Department Managers and Supervisors
- Participate in required meetings and training, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Maintains safe operations by keeping work area clean and organized and by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Demonstrating work behaviors consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including company policies, standards, and procedures
- Ability to read and speak English in order to comprehend and participate in safety, hazard communication, company meetings and continuous training.
- Ability to respond to common and more complex inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community;
- Ability to effectively present information to management, various departments, employees of all levels.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org