POSITION SUMMARY: The Maintenance Technician will inspect and repair, or identify for outside repair, on manufacturing equipment to insure accurate operation of the Computer Numeric Control (CNC) Machines, and ensuring that all Safety Standards and processes are used and are consistent with Company established goals for quality, safety and customer order on-time delivery.
- Disassemble, inspect, evaluate, reassemble and checkout any manufacturing or maintenance equipment that fails to operate or perform it’s intended function.
- Perform all necessary repair actions to insure all equipment is maintained in the best possible operating condition and under the safest conditions possible.
- Perform structural work to modify facility or equipment to enable manufacturing requirements to be accomplished.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions, manuals, and diagrams to diagnose and troubleshoot routine equipment problems maintaining quality and safety standards.
- Building maintenance repair, electrical/plumbing, general maintenance building repair etc.
- Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components, and test and adjust assemblies as required with minimal supervision.
- Records observations of equipment wear, potential failure, and/or safety issues identified during Preventative Maintenance (PM).
- Experienced with CNC machine repair and maintenance a plus.
- Performs PM’s in designated time with a high level of quality.
- Insure all hazardous materials are properly labeled, stored, and handled for proper disposal.
- 5+ years’ experience in mechanical/electrical CNC machine repair; Haas, or Okuma CNC Repair background a plus.
- Utilizing machine tool manuals, technical documents, internal and vendor resources to research machine issues.
- Ensuring proper documentation is completed and maintained for service history and maintenance for easy access and in order to begin process of predictive maintenance.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics.
- Excellent technical, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- Works closely and maintains open communication with all departments.
- Documents all changes made and communicates all changes to proper channels.
- Leverage and use ERP System to document actions. (Electronic logs).
- Participate in required meetings and training, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Able to work flexible hours due to business needs product or equipment delays or unexpected event
- Ability to read and speak English and those who speak Spanish or Polish is a plus.
- Ability to use and understand basic computer skills