POSITION SUMMARY: Produces machined parts by operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. (No previous experience required, all training will be provided)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, materials, specifications, drawings, locations of surfaces
- Leverage and use Global Shop Computer System to document actions by completing required work orders, to view or print misc. documents, etc. (electronic logs)
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machine
- Ensure that raw material or part is secured correctly as per requirements or as instructed by cell lead, set-up technician or production manager
- Maintains specifications by observing operations; taking measurements; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Meets production goals regarding cycle time, quantity, and quality.
- Participate in required meetings and training.
- Maintains safe operations by keeping work area clean and organized and by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Performs necessary preventative maintenance on the machine, (Cleaning out Chips in Machine and wiping down machines daily to prevent dirt build up)
- Demonstrating work behaviors consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including company policies, standards, and procedures
- Ability to read and speak English in order to comprehend and participate in safety, hazard communication, company meetings and continuous training.
- Ability to use and understand basic computer skills.
- Reliable transportation.