POSITION SUMMARY: Set-Up which includes, setting origins and cutting tools, editing CNC programs for Vertical Mills, accurately machining jaws and fixtures; documenting and maintaining quality, upholding safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. (Compensation is based upon experience)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, materials, specifications, drawings, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Writes and execute programs for Vertical Mill’s.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part inspection, adhering to quality standards and quality checks.
- Maintains specifications taking measurements, identifying defects, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls, (edits).
- Documents all changes made and communicates all changes to the Engineering Department.
- Works closely and maintains open communication with the Engineering Department.
- Able to properly communicate and turn-over the proper part load and operational instructions, measurement specification checks and fit (1st piece inspection) to the Machine Operators.
- Proper disposition of Non-Conforming Product.
- Meets production goals regarding quantity and quality.
- Leverage and use Computer System to document actions by completing necessary work orders. (electronic logs).
- Participate in required meetings and training, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains safe operations by keeping work area clean and organized and by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Performs necessary preventative maintenance on the machine, troubleshooting malfunctions; notify Maintenance Department when repairs are needed.
- Able to work flexible hours due to business needs product or equipment delays or unexpected events.
- Demonstrating work behaviors consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including company policies, standards, and procedures