POSITION SUMMARY: Job entails utilizing powered sanding belts for finishing aluminum parts; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Polishes’ surfaces of aluminum parts with powered polishing wheel to smoothen the surface of items to specified finish.
- Must give attention to detail to check each part for quality, which may include checking for scratches, dents, polishing or finishing errors.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to use hand tools which include drill and hand grinder.
- A medical evaluation will be performed by Lake Zurich Occupational Health Center to qualify a person to be in the Respiratory Protection Program for this job position.
- Must adhere to all OSHA Regulations Standards for the Respiratory Program.
- Leverage and use Global Shop ERP software system to document actions by completing required work orders, to view or print misc. documents (electronic logs).
- Maintains specifications by observing operations; taking measurements; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Participate in required meetings and trainings.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Maintains safe operations by keeping work area clean and organized and by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Demonstrating work behaviors consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including company policies, standards, and procedures.
- Ability to read and speak English in order to comprehend and participate in safety, hazard communication, company meetings and continuous training.
- Ability to use and understand basic computer skills.
- Reliable transportation.